Sunday, November 29, 2015

Kazan Week 10 - "It's Been a Rough One"

October 19, 2015

All is well,

This week went by so quickly it's bizarre. Sooooo so many ups and downs this week.

On Tuesday I get a call from an unknown number who says that there's a couple from Salt Lake City who would like a tour of our church building. Apparently they tried to come last week but they couldn't find the building. I was confused on why they wouldn't just call themselves and why they had someone else call for them.... and then I got to thinking that maybe it was Lexi and Parker who are on their way to Poland and Ukraine and they just decided to drop by. I thought to myself that there was not way that they would do that... but then my companion said it to me too and then that scared me hahahaha. But, thankfully... It wasn't :) as much as I would love to see them, I'd rather see them in 7 weeks when I'm supposed to. So we met S and K Schultz who are teaching law at a school in Kazan for 3 weeks. They also had their translators with them who follow them where ever they go and we were able to give them Books of Mormon :) 

On Wednesday we were on a bus for 9 hours to Samara... which actually went by surprisingly fast. There was a conference in Samara with President Kacher and Sister McConkie (the young woman's general president). That happened on Thursday at 1:00. But before then we had a mini zone conference. Right now our mission has had 49 baptisms this year, there are 33 companionships in the mission and president has set a new goal that he wants 40 more baptisms before the end of the year. So we pretty much had a pump up session on how we're going to reach that goal. And of course... it will be rewarded to us according to our faith :) 

Friday we took a bus home..... that was only 7 hours, but it was tiny tiny bus, a marshootka, so that was a little rough, but all in all the time went by really quickly. 

The work has been really slow this week. Honestly after that phonecall my steam went way down and it's taken some time to get over what happened. But I know that God knew that that would happen, I don't know if President Schwab has thought about that or not. Also we haven't been in our area, and I have had to stay off my feet due to some problems with my legs/hip/thigh. Pretty much I have never had any health problems until I turned 20, and all of a sudden I'm hit with a wave of elderliness. Also.... the wrinkles keep coming. I'm not even frowning or crying all the time :( My skin just keeps getting older.  

So we've been spending the last few days taking it easy on my legs, but we went out last night and I was feeling great :) and we started taking to this woman, L, who is a single mother who used to attend a protestant church but fell away because she was offended.... in the middle of our conversation invited us over to her house for tea with her daughters :) of course we said yes. We shared a lesson with them about the plan of salvation. We did so by making paper airplanes, and then explaining that in order for the paper to become an airplane you need a plan. And that God has a plan for each of us.Then we talked about Christ and asked everyone who the most important person on the plane is.... the pilot. Christ is our pilot, and he helps us to make sure that we have a smooth flight. We really felt the spirit and we had everyone's attention and closed when the Spirit was the strongest so that we'd leave that Spirit in their home. 


It is amazing to me that God trusts us to do this work. He could send angels, but instead he chooses 18 and 19 year old boys and girls to save his children, so that we could truly come to know the worth of a soul. Our soul is precious to us and to others, but our souls mean much much more to God than it means to you or to anyone else. 
That's why it means everything to God when we offer that soul to him. Giving ourselves to God allows us to become so much more than we could ever become on our own. 
The worth of a soul never goes down to God, because he sees us in terms of eternity. 
I'm grateful for my loving heavenly father and for the opportunity to serve him, even when things don't go right or when I'm misunderstood or when I feel hurt, I am just glad that God understands me perfectly. 

Love, 


Sister Wilson. 

  1. 1. Jesus, Savior, pilot me
    Over life's tempestuous sea;
    Unknown waves before me roll,
    Hiding rock and treach'rous shoal.
    Chart and compass came from thee;
    Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
  2. 2. As a mother stills her child,
    Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
    Boist'rous waves obey thy will
    When thou say'st to them, "Be still!"
    Wondrous Sov'reign of the sea,
    Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
  3. 3. When at last I near the shore,
    And the fearful breakers roar
    'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
    Then, while leaning on thy breast,
    May I hear thee say to me,
    "Fear not; I will pilot thee."
  4. Text: Edward Hopper, 1818-1888
    Music: John Edgar Gould, 1822-1875

No comments:

Post a Comment