Thursday, October 8, 2015

Kazan Week 4 - "FALL!"

September 7, 2015



All is well. 


I don't have a lot of time to write today because I have to do school registration (cross your fingers that BYU won't reject me for the 3rd time). . 


Some interesting things from the week.... Jehovah's witnesses. They are EVERYWHERE in Kazan.  I always have mixed feelings about talking to them, because they are so so nice but it just always turns into an hour long conversation that usually goes no where (especially when I tell them that I believe that Jehovah is Christ's name and not God's name).... but at the same time they also need the restored gospel. I've never convinced them to take a Book of Mormon, but something cool that has happened this cycle is that we've given out two to two different people! But in order to do so I may or may not have promised to go to a Jehovah's witness church service when I go home :) 

Brooklyn's companion

Also this week was the first week of fall, and to celebrate my companion and I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and caramel apples dipped in white chocolate and cinnamon. I'm helping everyone to see that that really is the best flavor.... who'd have thought, white chocolate? They're delicious! We've been eating them all week :) 

It's possible! So hard though, and sooo messy! 






Z should have been baptized this weekend... but she didn't come to church yesterday, so we will have to lay it off one week. I was honestly so so devistated when she didn't show up. Other than that she has been progressing really well and is willing to meet with us often. Also there are lots of members here with kids who need to missionary lessons to be baptized! We'll be teaching a lot of them this week. I don't think I've seen as many kids at church in Russia as I saw yesterday.... it was crazy. There are usually only 2-3 kids in most families here, but there's one family with 5 or 6 kids and it just seems HUGE. So interesting to remember that that is completely normal in Utah. 

The temperature here is dropping pretty quickly! It could already be down to 38 degrees by the middle of the week. What on earth. Everyone here says that there wasn't really a summer in Kazan this year. 
We also did Missionary Leadership Counsel through Skype this week. Man it was so fun. I love the missionaries in this mission soooo much. They are my very best friends. 


Anyway. I love Russia, love my mission :) And I can honestly say that the only constant power source that I have found here comes through Christ. The power that comes through the atonement is the only thing that hasn't failed me. Everything else has always failed in one way or another. But Christ will never fail us :) He is the only eternal light in this world. 

Love,

Sister Wilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment