Friday, September 26, 2014

Week Two From Brooklyn - at the Provo MTC - June 4, 2014


June 4, 2014
All is well,
I am going to take entries directly out of my journal while I write to see if I can keep things more organized.

Thursday-
Sis Palmer got a migraine last night, poor girl. She's had chronic migraines the last 5 years apparently and that makes me nervous. She woke up with a bloody nose and was throwing up in the middle of the night. she's also been complaining about one of her teeth being sensitive to hot/cold...  but won't go to the dentist. I think the tooth ache plus learning psycho Russian triggered the migraine. We had to stay in our room until 12 so she could rest but I got some much needed personal study in thanks to that.
I have a goal to learn 1000 words before I leave the MTC, that means 19 words a day. God's going to help me:) I wish I could just pull a number out of my head of how many I already know!

Friday-
Something I learned today is that it is often very hard to be motivated during class to study. But If you really do personal study the right way you should never want it to end.

Brooklyn asked for us to edit out Saturdays' entry...

Sunday-
We were about to get started with district meeting and right as it started my branch president (pres Peer) pulled me out of the classroom and asked if we could talk for a minute, you have NO IDEA how scared i was. I timidly sat across from him in a classroom down the hall. He told me he sees something in me that he doesn't see in anyone else in our district, and that is drive. Somehow... he knows exactly all that I've been doing. That i am very focused when we have study time. She says i am leading by quiet example. He told me that he knows God is proud of me and that i am doing exactly what God wants me to be doing right now... that it is satisfactory to him. My heart was filled with joy at his words.
Also... I COMPLETED MY FIRST 24 HOUR FAST, and i wasn't even grumpy :):):)

Monday-
The Russian speaking missionaries... like to do "challenges." They're a little goofy. But one of them is the "jello challenge" to cut jello out of a cup, set it on a plate, exhale.... then inhale the jello in one bite. SO DUMB. But entertaining. Also I guess a few weeks back a Russian elder ate 30 bananas in one day. That one is called the "banana challenge" and no one has been able to get past 10 bananas.
Also at the end of the day a random sister came up to me and stopped me and said, "hi... I just needed to thank you for calling me out on my language the other day. I really needed to clean up my language, thanks for helping me to notice." At first I didn't even remember her, but 2 days ago a girl said "shiz" in the hall and i looked at her and said, "hey, watch your languge here. you shouldn't be saying things like that at the MTC" she said sorry and looked embarrassed. When she approached me I didn't even remember her, but I am glad I opened my mouth:) D&C 11:5-8
 Therefore, if you will ask of me you shall receive; if you willknock it shall be opened unto you.
 Now, as you have asked, behold, I say unto you, keep my commandments, and seek to bring forth and establish the cause ofZion.
 Seek not for riches but for wisdom; and, behold, the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto you, and then shall you be maderich. Behold, he that hath eternal life is rich.
 Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be done unto you; and, if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation.

Tuesday-
We had an amazing devotional by a man who served his mission in Yekaterinburg Russia. Afterward we had a district meeting and there were a few things that really touched my heart.
Christ told Peter, "After you are converted (implying that he was not yet converted), strengthen thy brethren." Even Peter, who had seen miracles, who had WALKED with Christ, was not converted. Just like Laman and Lemuel after they saw an angel, continued to question God's power. Conversion does not happen by seeing miracles. That is why FAITH is so important, it is a hope for things NOT SEEN. Conversion takes place by developing faith in our hearts that the Savior can do anything, and that with his help we can bring to pass anything, even miracles.



I love it here. i love these relationship I've made, I love this kid in our district named Elder Young. He's so nerdy but in the best peter priesthood way possible. When he laughs it sounds like a little school boy's laugh. I love the MTC and walking through it on a warm summer night. I love that I get to study Russian every single day. I love that God loves ME, sister wilson! And that he is mindful of me and that I get to go to such a personal and significant place in the world. I love that somehow my bladder has shrunk to the size of a dime and my companion has to come to the bathrooom with me every half hour. I am just so happy :) Everything is good.
With love,
Sister Wilson

1 comment:

  1. Our DD just opened up her volunteer calling to Samara, Russia. Any chance that you and she could make contact?
    shea@kenmeads.com

    ReplyDelete